Pastor. Musician. Creative Architect. Husband to Kristin. Father to four beautiful kids.
I am a relational, energetic pastor with 18 years of ministry experience in both large and small churches. My life’s purpose is to create and cultivate opportunities for people to find redemption, grace, and growth through Jesus Christ. I have done this through planting and leading churches, preaching, writing music, leading retreats, and starting ministry internships. I see myself as a Hero Maker, here to invest in leaders to unleash their potential and purpose.
I graduated from North Central University with a B.A. in Pastoral Studies and my Master of Arts in Theological Studies from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.
I married my best friend and ministry partner Kristin in 2005. Together we have four beautiful children.
After many years of wrestling with God’s call to plant a church, we decided to face our fears and trust God and take the scary step to move from Wisconsin to Minnesota to plant Mosaic Church.
On December 20, 2014, we moved to Maple Grove, MN. Two months later we held our first informational meeting for people interested in knowing more about this new church we were starting. Only a handful of people showed up. But we kept believing in God’s call, kept working hard to get the word out, and after dozens and dozens of one-on-one coffee meetings, Mosaic Church had its first Launch Team Meeting on May 17, 2015. We were amazed to see 64 adults and kids come together to worship God and to dream about what God could do through Mosaic Church! It was the beginning of God doing something really special in Maple Grove through Mosaic Church.
After lots of summer BBQs and worship nights and a few preview services, Mosaic Church had its Grand Opening on October 4, 2015. We were blown away to see 280 people come out for our Grand Opening! Today, Mosaic Church averages about 165 people each Sunday with about 130 people involved in a small group, and since the church launched, 33 people have gone public with their faith in Jesus through the act of baptism! It has been a wild ride and we are so excited to see what God does next at Mosaic Church!
My Spiritual Gifts:
- Teaching: I love teaching the word of God in a practical, creative, and relevant way. I have seen how much life transformation can come from an effective teaching ministry partnered with a discipleship process that helps connect the Word of God to people’s everyday lives.
- Leadership: I have been empowered by the Holy Spirit to lead and to equip the saints for ministry. I love casting vision and inspiring people to step into their calling!
- Faith: I believe that the best is yet to come! I believe that God wants to do great things through us and that he is calling us to partner with him to bring hope and healing to those who are lost and broken! I believe that God wants us to trust him and to have faith that he will use us to make a difference in this world!
Top 5 Strengths according to Strengths Finder:
- Strategic: “People who are especially talented in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.”
- Futuristic: “People who are especially talented in the Futuristic theme are inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their visions of the future.”
- Belief: “People who are especially talented in the Belief theme have certain core values that are unchanging. Out of these values emerges a defined purpose for their life.”
- Input: “People who are especially talented in the Input theme have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information.”
- Responsibility: “People who are especially talented in the Responsibility theme take psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.”
- MBTI Type: ENTJ
- Enneagram Type: 3 with 2 wing